Feb 9, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
“God gives us many gifts, he cares for us the way a father cares for his children.” Psalm 103:1-2,13-14,17-18 This psalm rang out to me today because our community is blessed with so many gifts and so many people have willingly shared them with us. We are grateful for all that they do.
DID YOU KNOW-
- We have potential wait lists in a few grades. After the 17th we will start accepting new applicants. Make sure you get your enrollment packets in early so you have a spot reserved.
- We are starting a new incentive to get enrollment packets turned in on time! Everyone who turns in his or her packet by the 2/17 due date will be put into a drawing to receive $1,000 off next years tuition!!!!
- Our graduates are amazing! We got news of a couple of “our” Judge Memorial CHS students-
- Freshman Emmy Darling was one of 15 students out of 750 to read at Judge’s Poetry Out Loud assembly. She was first up performing in front of the whole student body. The quote we got was “She nailed it!”
- Sophomore Declan VanUitert received a scholarship and an invitation to the University of Utah’s summer chemistry program. He will be earning college credit and continuing to expand his knowledge and interest in science.
- Our survey closes in two weeks! Please take 3 minutes and tell us how we are doing! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSCS2016-17survey
- We have a Refer-A-Family Program. If you refer a family and they register their child, you are eligible for a cash reward! Tell your friends about our great school.
- Only 72 days till Springfest!
Peace and blessings,
Springfest Baskets are due Thursday March 9th, 2017, during Parent-Teacher conference. Drop off will take place in the front lobby. When dropping off your basket, be sure to enclose the following information:
- Family Name
- Basket Theme
- Basket Cost
- Items in Basket
This will help us accurately record and track all donations. If a family does not create a basket, a $45 fee will be billed to them. Please remember that all baskets must be wrapped in clear cellophane with items securely attached inside the basket.
Baskets do not need to be baskets! Feel free to get creative when putting your items together. Use coolers, buckets, storage bins, suitcases, or other items that might be applicable to your “basket” theme. Most importantly, have fun and be creative!
***And please make sure to visit our new Springfest website: https://blessedsac.ejoinme.org/springfest. Thanks!!!
BARNES AND NOBLE ART SHOW
We will have our very talented 1st grade students featured at Barnes and Noble in Midvale for the month of February. The art exhibits will be on display throughout the entire month of February. The 1st grade families are invited to attend a reception and book fair on Thursday, February 16, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. The 1st grade students have created a charming mixed media piece of a winter cardinal using art elements of shape and color and space.
Thank you everyone who came to the HSA meeting on Tuesday! We are gearing up for some fun events!
Feb 13-17 – Box Tops Drive! Keep cutting your Box Tops- They are due on the 17th!
Feb 25th @ 6:30pm – Father Daughter Barn Dance- Please note the time change. The dance is from 6:30-8:30.
March 18 – St Patrick’s Day Parade
COMMUNITY OF CARING CLUB
Our next meeting will be Thursday, Feb. 16. We’ll be learning about what “gritty kids” do – when no one is watching! We meet from 3:00-4:00 pm in the 3rd grade classroom – pick-up at 4:00 by the front doors or your child may go to Little Blessings. New members are always welcome. If it’s your first meeting, please bring a permission note signed by a parent.
Don’t forget to cut out and bring your canceled stamps!!!!!
JUNGLE BOOK VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Preparations for our first musical have begun! Students are rehearsing and we are looking forward to Thursday, April 27!
There is a lot of work that goes into this production and we cannot do it alone. There are tons of volunteer opportunities! It’s a great way to fulfill your hours. We need helping hands and materials in the following areas:
Costumes, Set Building, Theater Make-up, and Lighting.
If you are able to assist and/or donate materials, please contact Mrs. Thomas. (email@example.com)
GIRLS ON THE RUN~ GOTR
Registration is open!
Girls on the Run is a physical activity-based positive youth development program that inspires 3rd-6th grade girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. This after-school program combined training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem lessons and uplifting workouts. The goal of the program is to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Please see the calendar on our website for a complete list of Extra Curricular Activities http://utbscs.org/events/
March 9, 2017 is the end of the 3rd Quarter. It is also the date of our Spring Parent Teacher Conferences. Please mark your calendars and plan to schedule a meeting with your child’s teacher(s) on that day.
SAVE THE DATE
The 2017 Springfest Benefit is approaching and your participation is a crucial component to the success of our children’s benefit!
- Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Venue: St Thomas More Catholic Church Center
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – midnight.
Check out all the information on the website at https://blessedsac.ejoinme.org/springfest
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook